These are the keys to being successful without having it be stressful from my 11 years of experience as a small business owner. Please feel free to use these tips to help you find more success with your work.
1. Patience – Don’t give up just because you can’t see past the dark clouds on the horizon. Having the strength to see things through and make sure you do a good job is more important than immediate results.
2. Ambition – Always be ready to tackle a big challenge and find creative ways to do so. Don’t be afraid of success or failure, simply have a vision and do your best to make it happen.
3. Plan – Don’t go to work without a plan. Always have an idea of what you are trying to accomplish before you step foot in to the office. Use your time wisely and carefully. This makes for more free time and less wasted time.
4. Breaks – Working for 10-12 hours straight is not good for anyone. You must take breaks and find positive ways to relieve stress. Don’t worry about productivity during your breaks, instead focus on relaxation for that time period.
5. Care – Care about the quality of your work. Perform in a manner that you can be proud of. This builds confidence and lends to your good reputation, which creates positive word of mouth.
6. Communication – Always express yourself clearly. Listen to the people around you. Make sure that everyone you work with or for understands what you are doing and why you are doing it.
7. Help – Don’t be afraid to ask for it! Sometimes you may find yourself stuck and need a quick nudge in the right direction. Family, friends and colleagues can be there when you need that extra support.
8. Fun – The most important part of all. You can’t be successful without having a little fun with your work. Make your workplace an enjoyable environment. Do what you enjoy and make it your profitable niche. When you work doing something you enjoy it’s hardly like working at all most of the time.